Hi! We’re KittyCatz.
Our vision is of a world where all cats are well cared for in loving homes for life.
- To provide temporary shelter to sick stray/abandoned kittens, for the purpose of making them well (where possible) and finding permanent suitable new homes.
- To bottle feed abandoned kittens too small to be weaned and find them permanent suitable new homes.
- To support responsible pet ownership by charging an affordable adoption fee which includes initial flea and worm treatment, initial vaccines, microchip and neutering.
- To provide information and education to others (particularly children) on the care and importance of caring for and neutering kittens and cats.
- Every animal and human in our organisation is an individual being with personality, feelings, intrinsic worth and value. As such, they will be treated with respect and care in a non-judgemental, safe environment.
- We will always strive to find homes for every adoptable, treatable and recoverable kitten we have in our care.
- Volunteers are a vital part of our success and we acknowledge and celebrate their contributions and provide help, support and training where necessary.
- We will not let a kitten be adopted without an adoption fee covering sterilisation and vaccines fees.
- We will not euthanise an animal except in the case of illness, injury or other condition from which they cannot fully recover.
- We will partner and collaborate with other organisations that share our core values and which increase our ability to benefit kittens and save lives.
We are not a registered charity in our own right, but a group of volunteers who help sick, injured and abandoned kittens with medical treatment. We also take care of new born kittens which have been taken away from their mother too early and still require bottle feeding.
After making sure the kittens are healthy and happy, we find permanent loving foster homes for them with the help of Vet Express and other Tenerife animal charities.
As it is not an independent charity, KittyCatz is not able to accept donations of any kind, all donations towards supporting KittyCatz must be made to Sangha San Miguel or MADAT.